Training and Professional Development
CKCC implementation involves schools designating a Facilitator (or Co-Facilitators) and a school-based team.
- Facilitator training: In-person training at Ackerman Institute on designated dates (recommended for a comprehensive, hands-on experience)
- CKCC Coaching: per day, number included on a per contract basis
- CKCC Phone and Email Consultations: ongoing, free of charge
Professional Development: Offered at Ackerman Institute and at schools, organizations, and various community settings on a contractual basis.
CKCC has developed stand-alone workshops and professional development series to meet the latest professional development requirements for educators! In addition, CKCC offers parent workshops. Click each topic below for an expanded list of offerings.
For all age groups:
- Developing Social-Emotional Competencies to Support Learning (opens PDF in new window)
- Improving School and Classroom Climate (opens PDF in new window)
- Increasing Family-School Collaboration (opens PDF in new window)
Expressly for early childhood:
- Professional-Development-for-Early-Childhood-Educators (opens PDF in new window)
In addition to the professional development listings cited, CKCC collaborates with schools and organizations to create professional development experiences which are tailored to the unique needs of each setting.
To bring professional development to your school, contact:
Brenda Nikelsberg, CKCC Program Administrator at email@example.com or 212-879-4900 x 330.