Click on slideshow below for a presentation about CKCC.
What makes CKCC unique?
CKCC is part of Ackerman Institute for the Family:
As part of Ackerman, NYC’s renowned family therapy training institute, CKCC places special emphasis on bolstering family-school relationships. To this end, along with our focus on social-emotional skill-building and program implementation, CKCC’s Facilitator training devotes considerable time to specific tools and techniques for promoting family-school collaboration.
CKCC is distinguished for:
- Puppet characters representing children’s temperaments and personalities
- Aligned with Common Core Standards
- Focus on internalization of skills
- USB drive includes entire curriculum
- Power Point presentations for each lesson
- Five minute “Prepare to Learn” mindfulness exercises
- “Bringing CKCC Home” interactive activities in English and Spanish
- Time-honored and innovative methods of involving families
- Literacy-based early childhood program featuring CKCC’s Garden Friends
In a 2017 study by Harvard Graduate School of Education, Navigating SEL From the Inside Out, CKCC impressed the evaluators as follows: